“Striving to be the world-class centre for oil condition monitoring, equipment condition monitoring and sediment analysis and to provide specialised services with competent reliable laboratory testing and to the standard of world class performance.”
To provide consistent high quality professional services in the field of sediment and dielectric materials analysis in the shortest time possible with emphasis on excellence, complete customer satisfaction, training and continuous quality improvement. This will be achieved through ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of quality control methods and procedures.
Maintaining the highest professional standards and uncompromising quality in testing on timely successful completion of tests. Working together effectively and relentlessly improving as one team by respecting each other.
The Centre of Excellence for Dielectric Materials Analysis (CoEDiMA) was established in 2010 to provide predictive maintenance programmes for mineral insulating oil (Transformer oil) condition monitoring, Equipment (transformer) condition monitoring, Lube oil analysis and diagnostics, and sediment analysis of river water to ensure rapid, prompt and reliable testing and reporting expertise. Prior to the establishment of CoEDiMA, the Liquid Dielectric Laboratory (LDL) was set up at Chhukha Hydro Power Corporation Limited in 1994.
CoEDiMA is now equipped with the state-of-the-art testing equipments confirming to international standard. Oil is the “lifeblood” of machines and equipment. The condition monitoring of oil and equipment help us to identify potential problems at an early stage, allowing time for preventive maintenance solutions and avoid costly failures, shut-downs and repairs. Tests are performed by the fully qualified chemists and results are reviewed by the experienced analytical specialist.
The routine testing and analysis show the condition of a particular transformer oil and lubricant, which can affect equipment performance and, ultimately, appropriate decision can be taken on time before it become serious problem. Timely oil analysis and expert advice can:
- Extend oil drain interval
- Extend equipment life
- Identify minor problems before they become major failures
- Maximise asset reliability
- To analyse and evaluate the oil condition monitoring and transformer condition monitoring of Druk Green’s power plants and other industries in the country.
- To predict and prevent the damage or total loss of equipment so as to ensure long life of the equipment, safety to men and materials and also to achieve trouble free service and uninterrupted power supply.
- To increase revenue generation by preventing outages of transformers and thereby reducing substantial financial losses resulting from the transformer failure.
- To increase operational reliability and availability of power plants.
- To provide other testing and analysis of dielectric materials.